Blitz carburator ???

Begonnen von Jom, 02 Juli 2005, 12:52:07

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jom

Hello Everybody,

I would like to buy one of Ulli's Blitz carburators for my R27.
Does anyone has expericence with this carburator?
Where does is come from, are spare parts available, can it be mounted without altering things, and most of all what is the final result?

I've asked some questions via email to Ulli and are waiting for an answer, but it would be fine to have your opinion... before I spend 200 Euro.

Regards,
Jom

Jom

Heiko

Hi Jom,

ask Isie... he´d bought one a few months ago and told us that it was a good choice.

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Rütz

Heiko!

Isie hat einen Bing Zentralschwimmer (123er von den /6)) eingebaut!
Extra nicht den Blitz.

Es haben einige hier Erfahrung mit dem Blitz (-> Suchfunktion), z.B. Krümel...

Gerade für die schüttelende R27 sind die neueren Zentralschwimmer (113er von /5 u. 123er mit Choke von /6) evtl. aber dei bessere Alternative

Anselm P(aßt auf ;D)
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

Rütz

Jom

Hi,
Thanks for your info and @ Rütz for the links.
It took some time to go trough the complete text (in German) but I agree the carburator from Bing with the central float is technically better, but  OK it does'nt look right.
I'll wait until I have received an answer from Ulli...

My R27 has a strange behavior:
A few days ago with hot weather the idle was a pain in the a**  and this morning with 15°C it was a dream ... so explain that !!!

Your opinion?

Best regards,
Jom

bullet

Zitat von: Jom am 03 Juli 2005, 16:44:25
My R27 has a strange behavior:
A few days ago with hot weather the idle was a pain in the a**  and this morning with 15°C it was a dream ... so explain that !!!

Your opinion?

My first guess is that either the mixture is too rich or the air filter is plugged.  Does the exhaust of the idling engine heavily smell like fuel?

On the other hand problems with ignition coils of a hot engine have been reported.  Old coils develop insulation defects, which become more severe at higher temperatures.

The cheapest part to check or better replace is the spark plug.  I'd try this first before touching anything else.

Hope this helps
Hans-Günter

Rütz

Oh, sorry Jom!

I was a bit stressed yesterday and somehow i didn't realise that you wrote in English an we are even in the English part of the forum ::).

(In my Job i often have to read english and german literature at the same time..., but i never write or talk in english myself)

I didn't want to force you to learn German ;D.

So long
Anselm T(o often confused)

Jom

Hi
No problem Rütz,  it takes a bit longer in German but I'm able to understand the text.
I usually read the rest of the forum aswell but somethimes the local stuff it difficult to follow, and that's the fun part of it, after all German is the third official language in Belgium.
I've learned it in school long long time ago and as with all things if you don't use it, you loose it.

Cheers,
Jom