BMW R25/3 torque chart

Begonnen von gordinir8, 03 Mai 2016, 12:18:27

« vorheriges - nächstes »

gordinir8

I am looking for the flywheel nut torque but also would like to know if there is a torque chart having all the available torque values for the engine.

gordinir8

OldsCool!

At least for the R26/27 you can find a multi - language repair manual here including such information:

http://cms.bmw-einzylinder.de/index.php/literatur/bmw-handbuecher-und-ersatzteillisten.html#Reparatur

BR
Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

Kurt in S.A.

Whew...I thought you were looking for the engine horsepower/torque curves! 

I have the repair manual for the R25 - R25/2 and there are no nut/bolt torques in there at all.  I mentions tightening the main hex nut securely and bending the tabs to hold the nut in place.  But no mention of actual values, though...seems strange.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

OldsCool!

If you have no values, rough guideline is "strong"!  8)

mekgyver

Oldscool : thats not the truth,
after strong you may taste the cut break 8)

Kurt : you can use the standart torqe-tables for steel, with the BMWs there's nothing special .
look about regular threads and fine threads.

So long, mek  :prost:
... 73er-Gang

gordinir8

I read somewhere (not in the manual) it is 170 NM thats 1500 in/lb,  so i quees in any case i have to step on my torque wrench and get the maximun i can, as i did last time i overhauled my motor, just wanted to do it by the book this time.

Kurt in S.A.

The value for my R69S is 22 kilopound meter or 159 ft-pounds.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

gordinir8

That is 1900 in/lb, i think this is huge value and pretty difficult to apply even if you have such a big wrench, ill try and tight it close to manual if i find that kind of wrench.
Thanks

Kurt in S.A.

I was just offering up a number for another bike, sort of a ball park thing.  I don't think I'd go with the R69S number.  Sure would be nice to find an actual value for the R25/3.  But as stated earlier, one can just come up with the appropriate torque using the dimensions of the fastener.  Say something like this?

http://www.cncexpo.com/MetricBoltTorque.aspx

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

OldsCool!

R26 Manual says 170Nm. Can't be too wrong for the R25s. I'd go with that.

BR
Steffen

Jürgen 57

At least in our section "Tips & Tricks" there is chart of service data for BMW single cylinders containing at least torques for cylinder head & fly wheel. For fly wheel nut a torque of 170  Nm is mentioned. Here is the link:   

Rgds   Jürgen

gordinir8

So it is 170 NM, thank you all guys for the help.  :applaus: