Air-fuel mixture for 1/26/79 carburetor

Begonnen von euro518, 18 April 2016, 23:49:03

« vorheriges - nächstes »

euro518

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted on this site. My R26 came with a carburetor that I believe was typically used on the R27 model -> 1/26/79. Can anyone help with the air-fuel mixture setting? The base setting I believe is 1 1/2 out. Also, is turning the screw in make it richer, as with the /2 models. In contrast, screwing it out makes the mixture richer on a /5. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kevin

Saskatoon, Canada.

euro518

Kurt in S.A.

Kevin -

I have the Bing book.  The 1/26/79 was a R27 carb, but the book doesn't indicate that it was typically used on the R26...the /52 and /55 were stock.  For the R26 carbs, the idle mix setting was 1-1/2 turns while for the /79 carb, it shows as two turns.  The clip position was different...for the R26 it was the 3rd position but for the R27 it was the 2nd position.  The positions are measured from the blunt end.

I'm pretty sure that on these carbs, the idle mixture screw controls the amount of air into the carb, so turning it clockwise makes it richer.  On the constant velocity carbs, the screw controls a gas circuit, so clockwise is leaner.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

euro518

Thanks Kurt. I did have a copy of the Bing book/manual but cannot find it. My filing system leaves much to be desired.

Kevin

Kurt in S.A.

Kurt in S.A.