Valve seat grinding tools

Begonnen von korremann, 01 März 2008, 21:20:26

« vorheriges - nächstes »

korremann

Hello

As showed in the "Instandsetzungssanleitung" for the R25 a 45 and 15 degree, 36 mm grinder is needed for grinding the valve seatings.
Does anyone knows where to buy this??

Bjarke
Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

korremann

Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

Ben Friedl

Bjarke, are you talking about a valve seat cutter? To get those valve angles a number of cutters are used for the correct angles. If you want to just "dress" the valve seats you could buy them but it would probably be easier and cheaper to take it to a machinist.
If your just talking about lapping the valves in, then the lapping tool and lapping paste should be available at just about any good auto parts store.

Ben

Zitat von: korremann am 01 März 2008, 21:20:26
Hello

As showed in the "Instandsetzungssanleitung" for the R25 a 45 and 15 degree, 36 mm grinder is needed for grinding the valve seatings.
Does anyone knows where to buy this??

Bjarke

korremann

Hi
Yes I´m talking about a valve cutter. Im sure a machinist could do the job pretty cheap, but I have 3 bikes and want to do the job myself, for the fun of it.
But I can´t find any cutters with the correct angles and mm.

Bjarke
Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

Rütz

I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

sigi_rs

Hi Bjarke,
I had the same problem. But when I saw the price of the Hunger-Ventilsitzdrehwerkzeug, I looked for an other possibility. So I bought some valve cutters from Neway. They are cheaper than the Hunger-Tools but work fine. I repaired my first cylinder head a week ago and have now the feeling, that I have a new motorcycle.
http://www.oko-werkzeuge.de/oko/?Produkte:Motoreninstandsetzung:NEWAYor look at Neway
http://www.newayts.com.au/seatguiderest.htm

I bought valve seat cutter no. 620 and 212.

The pictures show some impressions.

Greetings from Remscheid
Jörg

† Knut

Hey Jörg,

good job, the seating really looks like brand new.

I think that's an item for "Tipps and Tricks", isn't it? Can you give us a feeling for the prize of this tool?

Cheers

Knut

sigi_rs

Hi Knut,
my intention for the near future is a picture story about refreshing of a cylinder head. I built some clamping and mounting tools for valve guiding change and valve seat cutting and had made a lot of pictures, but this will last a little time until I have more time to write the text.

The cutting tool consists of two cutting heads with knifes for 45, 75 and 15 degrees, a pilot guiding shaft, which is mounted in the new valve guiding bushing and a t-shaped handle to rotate the cutters. The cost for all the parts is approx. 380,-- Euros (I know, this is a lot but I want to do this work by myself).

Greetings,
Jörg

korremann

Hi

Thats look absolut perfect, and your right Hunger is extremly expensive. I have just talket to a danish toolshop and for a complete set to BMW they wanted - an hold on- 1275 euros !!! Neway seems to be the way to go!

Bjarke
Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955