SCotland hotel in 2011

Begonnen von † Will, 18 August 2014, 12:32:13

« vorheriges - nächstes »

† Will

The hotel we used for the Scotland tour in 2011 is on fire this morning. The hotel was empty at the time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-28832177
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

† Will

† Oldtimerfahrer

Da ist ja nichts mehr übrig!   :o  :o
Das Lokal ist ja völlig weg!
Nur gut, das keiner verletzt wurde, bei dem Brand.
Soll es denn wieder aufgebaut werden?
Aber die Nebengebäude stehen noch oder?
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

† Will

I will post any other new information in this thread. It was a good central location for the Highlands.

† Oldtimerfahrer

Zitat von: Will am 18 August 2014, 14:06:19
I will post any other new information in this thread. It was a good central location for the Highlands.

Danke für die weiteren Informationen und ja, es war schon eine gute Ausgangsbasis für die Highlands.

Gruß Rudi
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

Hans_R25

Der kluge Mensch hat immer Zeit für Dummheiten.

† Oldtimerfahrer

Leopardenlilly?
Jo, die hat den Tanzsaal ganz schön durcheinander gewirbelt.

Gruß Rudi

Hans_R25

Stimmt. Die war cool  ;D
OK, weniger an das Hotel, mehr an die Reise. Aber das Bothy war große Klasse!
Der kluge Mensch hat immer Zeit für Dummheiten.

Taz

Hello Will.

Thanks for sharing this information...although I have to admit that it has been a real shocker to learn about the fire at this place...the fire place has been huge, but not big enough :traurig:

I have only good memories of the 2011 Scotland trip and now a central landmark of this event will only live on in our hearts-sad :traurig:

Kind regards to Kendal, Ute
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

† Oldtimerfahrer

Es kann sein (oder wäre möglich) das jemand das Hotel wieder aufbaut.  :oberlehrer:
Wäre ja möglich!!
Aber ich frage mich, warum keiner dort wohnhaft war.
Wann haben denn die Briten Urlaubszeit?

Gruß Rudi

† Will

A couple of answers from the news -
The Courier understands that the business had recently changed hands and had not been trading for several weeks.
The fire broke out around 4am on Monday and the wooden frontage, which once offered a welcome to weary travellers, was left a smouldering pile of ashes. Onlookers described how the flames took hold of the building, which was unoccupied at the time of the incident, and some reported hearing "explosions" as fire ripped through the hotel.  "The damage to the hotel appears significant, but I remain hopeful that repair works may be undertaken in a way which minimises any impact on the coming winter sports season in this part of Highland Perthshire."

The Spittal of Glenshee is the site of one of the oldest inns in the U.K. It is known that the site has been in continuous use since 961AD and has had a chequered history throughout the years. It is certainly at the highest altitude being just over 2,100 feet above sea level.The name 'Spittal' has originated from the Latin word 'hospitium' meaning 'Apartment for Strangers', or from the Gaelic 'spiddeal' which means 'where the glens meet'. Four glens meet at the 'Spittal'; Glenshee, Glenbeag, Glen Lochsie, Glen Taitneach.Close to Royal Deeside and set amidst magnificent scenery, the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel is the perfect base for hillwalkers and golfers. Horseriding, stalking, shooting, mountain biking and a hand gliding school are all available in Glenshee.As a centre for touring, Glenshee has it all, from the majestic scenery of the Glens to Royal Deeside and the Cairngorm Mountains. The Spittal of Glenshee Hotel offers a high level of guest comfort with 48 bedrooms including 8 family rooms all en suite. An excellent base for skiing being 8 minutes from the Glenshee Ski Slopes and close enough to give the skiing at the Lecht or Aviemore a go.

Best regards, Will

Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hello.

Just came across this video and almost started weeping....so many fond memories and will ye look at that place now...I really hope that they will be able to raise the money..

Kind regards, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

† Oldtimerfahrer

Ja, wäre schön wenn es wieder aufgebaut wird.
So ist es ein trauriger Zustand.

Den Film habe ich gerade mit Käthe gesehen, man konnte genau sehen, wo unsere Maschinen gestanden haben.

Gruß Rudi und Käthe