Suddenly no spark.

Begonnen von Studsgaard, 25 April 2017, 14:37:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Studsgaard

Nice Rolf! I ment the distance from the tip of the finger moving the rocker to the palm resting on the engine case - Point taken' though.

The contact breaker didn't look greasy or dirty but I gave it a good clean with break cleaner as instructed by you. I had a play with the screw and couldn't get ground contact. To me it looks like the 3 discs are there but maybe could do with a dismantle and cleaning up? I could also disconnect both wires of the coil and measure it again if you suspect an intermittent failure of this.

Studsgaard

rolf

I(!) would look if there are the 3 slices....it seems that your lower pertinax slice has a distance to the metal contact breaker holder. Have you looked at he painting in the other Threat?

Heiko

Zitat von: Borgward am 26 April 2017, 17:55:26
Heiko, you are right, there are some symptoms for a faulty battery . But is this the only explaination for the engine breakdown?  ???

Klar... could be. If there is a short circuit in the battery the current raises up und the voltage collapses so that there is no voltage at all on the engine.
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Borgward

.. but then the red light would not lit  ;D

Studsgaard

Very nice drawing skills Rolf!
I wasn't able to detect any 'falls ground' through the assembly. I could disassemble, clean and assemble some time next week if you think the fault lies here.

rolf

If number 2 wasn't at his place....you (can) get though the screw ground

Heiko

Zitat von: Borgward am 27 April 2017, 14:09:44
.. but then the red light would not lit  ;D

Right.... that's blöd.  ::) i forgot.... sorry for that shit in this case.
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge