Rennbrötchen / Racing Pillion

Begonnen von DanMay, 24 Februar 2011, 02:51:41

« vorheriges - nächstes »

DanMay

Has anyone mounted a Rennbrötchen / Racing Pillion from an R68 or R68 to a R25/3 ? 

Daniel

DanMay

BenW

rolf

Yes, in former times...do you want to know if it is possible?...Yes, no Problem...both: R68 and R69 Pillion.

DanMay

I was looking to mount the original R68 or R69 one, but I am not sure if the mounting kit will work.  I asked Mark Huggett, and here is what he said:

ZitatThe Schorsch Meier "Rennbrötchen" was an original accessory for the R68 and R69. We supply the Schorsch Meier "Rennbrötchen" to BMW AG in Münich, so you can actually order it from any official BMW dealer. We still use the old part numbers namely:
52 53 7 002 032 Seat
52 53 7 002 175 RHS Mounts
52 53 7 002 174 LHS Mounts

>>Would the same hold true for a R25/3 ?  Could I mount such a racing seat on a single ?
You could possibly mount it to a R25/3, but we've never tried.

>>If so, what seat and mounting hardware would I need ?
The same front mounting hardware could be used namely 52 53 7 002 174.

As far as the rear or side mounting is concerned, we can't help you with any suggestions other than buy both kits 52 53 7 002 144 and 52 53 7 002 185 and see if you can modify them to fit.

So I was looking to see if anyone had actually mounted this seat and what hardware was required.  I was also interested in the different seats offered by the vendors such as Uli's, Huggett, Meyer, etc. to see if one was better than the others.

Daniel

axel69

Hi daniel,

you might have to make your own rear mounts in the style of the R68 ones, as the distances might be different.

Axel