Hello to everybody

Begonnen von arth, 04 August 2006, 18:14:20

« vorheriges - nächstes »

arth

Good afternoon from Sunny Spain:

I am the owner of two BMW classic bike, I have a R45 and a R23,It was nice to find this forum, I bought the R23 to a german doctor one year ago, and as I have seen there are somethings I want to complete in my bike which are:

White sticker that goes surronding the iron part that covers the wheel (i do not know the name in english) and also the air pump. So if anybody knows where to find these things would apreciate the help.

Here are some pictures of my R23

Hope you like it

Cheers

Antonio

arth

sjeuf12

Zitat von: arth am 04 August 2006, 18:14:20

White sticker that goes surronding the iron part that covers the wheel (i do not know the name in english)

Antonio,
welcome on board from a rainy (at last) Holland.
Your bike looks very nice I think; good choice a R23 and R45...I have a R45 and R26...

That white sticker is called the striping (in english) or the Linierung (in german)
There have been quit a few articles on this striping.
Look in the section "Fragen zu Lackierung, Chrom, Linierung etc"
for instance http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?topic=2401.0

It is not (originally) a sticker; its a hand painted striping.
One can buy stickers for this also

Hope this helps
br
Ser

Heiko

Oh no Ser  ;),

i think he means that silver line in the middle of the rims (is there a silver line on the R 23 :Frage:).... the air pump you can get by one of the dealers in germany... click on "Service" at the top and then on "Händler"!

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

sjeuf12

Zitat von: Heiko am 05 August 2006, 00:38:25

i think he means that silver line in the middle of the rims (is there a silver line on the R 23 :Frage:)

Heiko,
the word for that would also be striping or Linierung  :P

btw. I don't think the R23 had striping on the mud-guards.
In the pre-war period they were trying to cut cost (also then...) in order to save money for other stuff, and anything fancy was not done.

Antonio, take a look at the tech spec for the R23 http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/index2.php?http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/baureihe/r23/techdata/r23-daten.php

Ser

Heiko

Oh yes,

sorry Ser, tonight i had a problem  :saufen:  ::)  :blumen:... now i can see and read again  8)

you are right Ser, there was no lining on the R 23 mud guards... only on the gas tank.

Heiko

arth

Yes, thanks to both, there is no stripping in the mud guards on the R23, It's just like I have it.

There is on e-bay on sale an r23 and that confused me.. :P

I also saw an air pump in one of the dealers, not for the R23 but for the R25, I think it will also fit on my bike.

My R45 is also in good condition just 18.000 kilometers looks almost new, my next purchase will be R90S daytona orange, but I still have not taken the decissions.

Rgds

Antonio

sjeuf12

Zitat von: arth am 05 August 2006, 18:04:41

My R45 is also in good condition just 18.000 kilometers looks almost new, my next purchase will be R90S daytona orange

It's as if I am reading my own thoughts in a mirror.... ::)

good luck,
Ser

Dave

Hello from Australia Antonio,

I'm with you and ser for a R90S but like all classic BMW's they are quite rare down here. My R25/3 was a freak of nature I think!

Dave.

arth

Hi,

For the R90s I am getting a price of 4.500 euros, good overall condition, no need to be painted etc.. the bike is 70.000 real kilometers, the owner has changed the carburators to BING but he still keeps the original dell'orto, he told me that the original del'orto were quite rude and changed because of a wrist problem.

The motor is never been opened yet, and probably the clutch has to be changed, what other things should be revised with those Kilometers??

Cheers

Antonio

Rütz

Nevertheless we do have two pictures with fender pinstriping on R23 in the Forum:
http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/historie/wissen/bmw-modelle/R20B.php
http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/historie/wissen/bmw-modelle/r23.php
Maybee many of these bikes got their pinstriping after the war. :Frage:

Anselm
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

arth

Zitat von: Rütz am 06 August 2006, 19:24:56
Nevertheless we do have two pictures with fender pinstriping on R23 in the Forum:
http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/historie/wissen/bmw-modelle/R20B.php
http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/historie/wissen/bmw-modelle/r23.php
Maybee many of these bikes got their pinstriping after the war. :Frage:

Anselm

Well, I got a copy of the original handbuch of the R23 which is same as for R20, there are some pictures and drowings, and in all there is the white stripping, so I think I might send it for painting to have it 100 perecent original

Cheers

Antonio

Karl

Hello Antonio,

is your handbook the same one as this:
   ?

If not - can you send me a copy of your "Handbuch"?

Thanks a lot,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Heiko

Good morning gents,

the pin striping on the R 20 or R 23, was only used at a pre-series bike in the factory!On all original pics you only see these bikes. The bikes BMW sold to the customers before the war, had no pin striping on the mud guards, only on the gas tank.

Heiko

arth

Zitat von: Karl am 06 August 2006, 22:39:41
Hello Antonio,

is your handbook the same one as this:
   ?

If not - can you send me a copy of your "Handbuch"?

Thanks a lot,
Karl

Not, that's not the book I have, I have another a copy of the original for the R23, I will try to scan it and send it by pdf, will take some time to do it.

If anybody wants just post your e-mail and I will send it,or I can send it to the admin and place it in the downloading area.

One year ago there was on e-bay the original book for sale, ended at around 240 euros, it was a shame I coul not be on line at the ending time, I would surely had bought it.

Rgds

Antonio

Karl

Zitat von: arth am 07 August 2006, 11:08:29
Not, that's not the book I have, I have another a copy of the original for the R23, I will try to scan it and send it by pdf, will take some time to do it.

Thanks a lot :)

Zitat von: arth am 07 August 2006, 11:08:29
I can send it to the admin and place it in the downloading area.

Okay, that's me   ;)
You can send me the copy (jpeg-files in good quality preferred) to:  webmaster@bmw-einzylinder.de   Thank you for your help

Kind regards,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

arth

Ok,I will see what i can do, I will do it little by litle to get it in good quality

:bike:

Antonio

rombouts marc

i am intrested in copy's of this handbook too
can anyone who has gooten it mail it to
cris.rombouts@skynet.be    ?

Thanks in advance
marc