Google translator

Begonnen von BenF, 24 April 2006, 13:02:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

BenF

Hi,

I liked to use the Google translator to translate the posts from German to English. It was easy with google, because all i had to do was right click and then click on "translate to English" in the menu. The page format would be retained...nice. Much easier than cutting and pasting the link into Babelfish or what ever.
But it just doesn't seem to be working any more, anyone else using and having the same problem?

This is the error message I'm getting:
Not Found
The requested URL /hl=en&u=http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/index2.php was not found on this server.

Ben

BenF

Karl

Hello Ben,

it seems to be a problem with the google translator. I tried to run the translation manually, but I receive the same error message.

But "babelfish-translation" still works w/o a problem

Try:  german > english

Kind regards,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Karl

Addition:

It seems there's something on the main page that cannot be translated; I guess it is the SSI-part on the main page ("What's going on in the forum?" > Newest postings)

Ok, that's why the error message appears, but as soon as yopu click on an other page (f.e. by clicking on the upper/lower Navigation-bar) it works well

I tried to translate the "tips & tricks"-section -> w/o a problem!

So there's only a problem with the main page, all others work

Greetings,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

BenF

Thanks for your help Karl, but I just can't seem to get it to work anymore.
What do you mean by clicking on the upper and lower navigation bars? you said then it works for you.

Regards
Ben

Karl

Google doesn't work anymore, don't know why - but babeltranslation still works.

1) Click on the Babelfish link
(comming from www.BMW-Einzylinder.de > "English flag"-page

2) "Click on the navigation bar"  > I mean the two bars with "Index / Baureihe / Historie..." then click one of the leading pages (f.e. Tips > Tips&Tricks). You just have to open another page ("go away" from the main page)

Greetings,
Karl