R2 fixing the original Fischer Amal carburetor

Begonnen von dequincey, 25 Juli 2017, 23:54:09

« vorheriges - nächstes »

dequincey

Hello

after learning about the iginiton setting thanks to some fórum members now is turn to my original Fischer amal carb

some years ago i had a problem with this carb, as it seemed imposible to make the engine run well and the iddle was instable i decided to stop it, and bought a new repro Bing carb

the issue was a seized slider, and i was unable to find a replacement or fix the carb like re-sleeving it

it has been a while, but i found a German seller that sold me a new slider for my carb

amazingly it fitted perfectly well, very tought fit but still smooth

so now i have renewed all the seals and washers and hope to put it again in the R2

see details

not all the spares from amal were correct, but...
if once a man indulges himself in m.

dequincey

dequincey

then i was mad to get a Little addition, as an original air filter

i recall that the original handbook of the R2/R4 has two versions, the one that you can easily find in the internet is a 1935 or 36, not sure, but my bike is 1934

i was so lucky to find a < 1934 handbook, and i saw that the drawings are diferent than those of the 1936 handbook, so this handbook has pictures the original filter, a very odd filter, see photo of the handbook

i needed to find it

found some pics

dequincey

finally found one and start restoring it.

dequincey

i had to prepare an intermediate ring to accomodate the air filter
but it is so cool

dequincey

OldsCool!

Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

cledrera

Du bist im Recht; nun sieh zu, wie du da wieder heraus kommst. (v. Chamisso)
Lieber Einzylinder als zwei Fallschirme (v. mir)

Borgward

dequincey

thanks for the thumbs up

i found a better picture of the engine with the luftfilter (see attached)

i have learnt that this is a SUM carburetor, so probably the filter is not correct for the Fischer-AMAL, but it is sooo coool ;-)

and anyway those old days were so short of spares that i can invent a match between the Fischer-amal and the SUM air filter,...

any thoughts ? any information

dequincey

can anybody explain the symbols triangle and circle on the body of the luftfilter ?
is that the Brand ?
regards

Tiago

I cannot help you with the R2, but I have to say that all those parts, individually or as a set, are a piece of art. Very nice indeed :)

I personally like the bikes as faithfull as possible to when they were new, especially the externals, what is exposed, but sometimes when that is not possible we need to find the next best thing! These R2s are rare, so you are on the right track!