Blanking Plug for Sidecar Lug R25 Frame

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 27 Dezember 2014, 10:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

Has anyone a blanking bolt that screws into the frame on the R25 series for sale? The thread is 18mm x 1.5 mm??

I believe they are made from Aluminium. See photo as to where it fits.

Finally a Happy Christmas and New Year to you all, with lots of 'safe miles' under the wheels

Robert 

Jollyjester

Taz

Hello Robert.

Thanks...I hope that your Christmas has been a merry one as well....

The "blanking bolt" doesn't sound familiar....as far as I know the R25 that threaded hole welded to the frame shown in your picture originally holds a ball-headed bolt used for connecting the side car... (see Stemler 00 09 1 519 110 Kugelbolzen vorne, unten R 25 for details)...later models had the connecting ball welded directly to the frame without the thread stuff....cheaper to build but a nightmare to replace in case of wear or damage...

Kind regards, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

rolf

Taz....you are wrong....evern the first 25/2 has the threaded sidecar bolt....if you don't use them (or the frame came new from the factory)....you thread a big bolt into the frame(as made in the factory).

Robert, I will have a look....if I don't have a message for you....I have forgotten, so ask again ...with many !!!!!!! ;D
You are looking for the bolt? Not for the sidecar ball?
Rolf

Taz

Hi Rolf.

Ok....ashes, dust and pebbles on my head...another day, another thing learnt...thanks.

Best regards to Hamburg, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Jollyjester

Hello Rolf

Yes, just the bolt, to 'tidy up' the frame from dirt etc. I have seen this in the past.

Sidecar. Had a Watsonian Palma on the R50S from 1970 - 77. Great fun. Really enjoyed it. with the correct gearing the R50S would lift the front wheel. In 1971 , with a good navigator, John Flitney, we won the ACU National Rally outright. 600 miles, 24 hours, 32 towns visited all over England. Error after 24 hours, 2 seconds.
After that I retired. There were over 50 other outfits competing.
We won the 500 ccs class 3 years running, but outright was against Vincent twins, Ariel Square 4's, BSA, Triumph and R69S combinations.