R25/3 R25/2 Motor housing, "internal differences"

Begonnen von koskisolli, 19 August 2014, 13:19:24

« vorheriges - nächstes »

koskisolli

Hey, how y'all doing?

In order to restore my R25/3, I'd love to find a motor housing from R25/3 to replace the current /2. I have /3 cylinder, carburetor, cylinder head etc.. I have no idea who, when and why somebody has changed just the block from 25/3 to 25/2. Anyhow, I want to swap the correct one back.

I have 25/3 frame, obviously, and also the transmission. Only thing missing is the motor block, and now my question is that am I able to just swap parts from existing block to /3 block, or do I need to look for full motor with guts in too? What are the differences inside the /2 and /3 block?

Yes I have seen this ...but there are no differences that cross my mind except the clutch and the outer shapes. I guess I'm wrong?  :-\\

This image shows the camshaft's bearing is in the housing, I'd guess the internal parts (camshafts, bearings..) are the same?

Thank you guys for answers! Ich auch Deutsch verstehen kann.  :)

koskisolli

Kurt in S.A.

I can't really answer your direct question, but wanted to make you aware of an orphan list of engines and frames...just in case the pieces you have might match up with the other half someone else might have.  It would be great to bring a frame and engine back together.   :juhuu:

http://bmwvmca.org/joomla/

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

cledrera

Hi Koskisolli,
I believe that the parts inside are the same.
Different are the engine block an - maybe - the part called "Kettenkastendeckel".
The Numbers in the lists (ETL R25/2 vs ETL R25/3) are not equal.
But what kind of difference it is?
I don`t know.

Clemens
Du bist im Recht; nun sieh zu, wie du da wieder heraus kommst. (v. Chamisso)
Lieber Einzylinder als zwei Fallschirme (v. mir)

koskisolli

Hey Clemens, thanks.

Could you briefly show me where you found that "Kettenkastendeckel" ? I tied CTRL + F and couldn't find it from the list..  :Frage:

Thanks

cledrera

Hi kaskisolli,
here you can download the ETL`s.
The Kettenkastendeckel is Part 16 on "Tafel 1, 00 = Motor", maybe it`s page 6.

Bye the way: Probably the Kettenkastendeckel(s) are a little bit different, i don`t believe that you hat to take care of that.
Vital to sucess is the distance between the frametubes and the correct way building up.
Look at this Fred.

Clemens

Du bist im Recht; nun sieh zu, wie du da wieder heraus kommst. (v. Chamisso)
Lieber Einzylinder als zwei Fallschirme (v. mir)

koskisolli

Hello again

Ahh ETL stands for Ersatzteilliste.. natürlich!  ;D
To me it seems like only the spare part numbers are different, which may be due the different ETL's. At least that what BMW has done with the cars for decades.
I guess there is no way to be sure without seeing the two housings on table next to each other, guessing after spare part catalog drawings isn't probably the best way to approach the problem  ::)

I'll probably put in a thread to Gesuche -section and start to hunt down for a 25/3 housing, or a full 25/3 motor just to be sure.

If somebody comes up with a certain knowledge of this 25/2 vs 25/3 housing difference, please, let me know!
Thanks again
- Olli