R-23

Begonnen von arth, 11 August 2011, 10:58:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

arth

Good morning

I have to repair the front tyre of my R23, I have almost solved the problem but I am unable to separate the front brake from the wheel, I am sure that it is only pulling out it,  but I do not want to force it, Any suggestion of how to separate it??

Thanks and regards

Antonio

arth

Taz

Hello Antonio.

According to the driver's manual ( ) you would have to loosen the screw that's holding the axle, the remove the axle and that's it (page 14).

The spare parts list ( ) isn't any help to me, but maybe you can recognize something there...the pictures are in the second half of the document.

Best regards and good luck, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

arth

Thanks, the wheel is out, as I unscreww the axle, but not the front brake which still in the wheell, a friend of mine sugested to disconect the front brake cable so it will free the wheel from it... Have not tried yet.

Arth

guyfang

Greetings Antonio and Tazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I have been out of touch for a while. But hope to rejoin this world again. Yes, you have to remove the cable. That should be all that might keep the brake assembly togather. If the brake assembly dosnt come right out, push the brake lever towards the front of the bike, there may be a "lip" worn into the brake drum, stoping the brake assembly from coming out.

Guy