High Speed Tuning

Begonnen von Garnet Grylls, 18 Dezember 2005, 20:17:41

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Garnet Grylls

Hello All,

My next quest is for more UPMs like the R27. (I can hear Tom's keyboard clicking already ;)). I feel that the R27 cam timing that I am useing gives good low end power, but where does it get the extra 800 UPMs ???? I think Anselm spoke of the original R27 muffler having a different baffel position, but can you buy a R27 muffler anymore?

I have read the great article "Endtopf: Durchla & optimierung" under Tips & Tricks". I have an stainless R69S muffler which sounds nice but I have no idea how it flows.

I think that the R26 and 27 use the same airfilter box. Shortening the airtube should help high UPMs at the cost of low.

The final difference is the R27 ignition that only sparks one half the times that the 26er does. With battery/point/coil ignition the higher the UPM the weaker the spark. I am considering now a MZ-B ignition as it will give a stronger spark at high speed.

Are there any other ideas that I have missed?

Garnet A(sking questions again)

Garnet Grylls

rolf

Hey garnet,
26+27 has the same airfilter- BOX, but another airfilter (at the end).
A question  ;D , why you don't buy a R 27?
Rolf

† odeon8

Zitat von: Garnet Grylls am 18 Dezember 2005, 20:17:41
My next quest is for more UPMs like the R27. (I can hear Tom's keyboard clicking already ;)).....

Hi Garnet,

More RPMs :o

I hate RPMs !!!

My feeling of a good bike is having low RPMs and hi torque !

Like the old Bavarian speech "cylinder capacity is not replacable, only by more cylinder capacity"

So my gain for my R34/4 is 30 Nm (265.5225 lbf-in)  ;D

Actual state-of-the art is 25 Nm (221.2687 lbf-in),
so i have something 2 do during Xmax,
hoping my family does not tie me up too much...

Tom T(orque)

HUBRAUMISTDURCHNIXZUERSETZENAUSSERDURCHNOCHMEHRHUBRAUM

Garnet Grylls

OK Guys,

Maybe I don't need more RPMs but more power at 100+ km/h. I have to catch up to Heiko ;).  Maybe after some more KMs the engine will losen up and rev more.

Rolf:  Not many einzylinders where sold over here. The R27s are starting to get expensive and are out of my reach. And this is much more fun. ;D

We are now into a few days of rain so more tuning than ridding.

Garnet

rolf

Hallo Guy
that's the same, to get more speed you need more revs, to get more revs you need more power.
Rolf G(uy)

Garnet Grylls

Hello,

(he said being careful not to call anyone "guy" :D)

Next I am going to build the transistorzundung from Tips & Tricks. That way I can run a higher output coil. It looks simple to make and inexpensive  ;D.

Has anyone else built one? How well do they take vibration? My thought is to place it in a small box and mount it with the new coil under the tank or seat. That way I can leave the original coil and condensor in place in case I have to change back out on the road.

Garnet T(ransistor)

Garnet Grylls

Good Day To All!

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I spent a couple of evenings building a transistor to replace the condensor. It worked well on the bench  8) but when mounted on the bike it ran badly ???.

It did not like the vibration (probably my poor soldering skills ::)).

I did find a couple nice looking units for sale at http://www.kirkengines.com I was told by email that they will work with any 6 or 12V negative ground battery ignition.

I am still thinking that I will save up my money for a MZ-B as it will give me 12V, high output spark and multiple advance curves.

Garnet

rolf

Hey garnet,
thanks!
I (better we, I+Caroline+ Rebecca)have a good Christmas.
It'a pity that you can't read german, we had a long discusion about electronic ingnition etc.
Greetings
Santa Rolf

Garnet Grylls

Hi Rolf,

If you could give me the link I can translate with the the computor. I use Google and Bablefish, but they do not translate the "technical" words. I can usually work out the meaning of what is being said.

It is harder to use the "Suchen", as I do not know what key words to use.

Garnet G(erman impared)

Karl

Hello Garnet,

try this site:

http://dict.leo.org

one of the best Translation-Sites I know! Unfortunately you can only translate single words, but you can find almost everything!

Happy New Year  :D
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

sjeuf12

Zitat von: Garnet Grylls am 30 Dezember 2005, 16:23:45
It is harder to use the "Suchen", as I do not know what key words to use.

Garnet,
the words I would use are:
zundung
elektronisch
elektronische zundung

But I would go for the MZ-B
br
Ser