"Fliehkraftregler" centrifugal advance.

Begonnen von BenF, 16 November 2005, 13:51:09

« vorheriges - nächstes »

BenF

Greetings to all,

"Fliehkraftregler" centrifugal advance.

Hope someone can tell me what are the correct springs to use in the "Fliehkraftregler"  advance? Hugget and others specify a 9mm and 11mm spring must be used, whereas Uli's says to use only two 9mm springs.
Which is correct?

Best regards
Ben

BenF

Heiko

Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

rolf

BenF

Garnet Grylls

Hi Ben

I was trying to find a thread from Boxerworks that was about the two different spring lengths. (can't find ???).
If I remember correctly, you use one of each, but I have an oldtimer brain  :oberlehrer: as well as oldtimer bikes :bike:

Garnet

Heiko

Hi,

you have to use one 9mm spring and one 11mm spring... this is the size in my R 26 and it is similar to the R 25/3 centrifugal advance.

Heiko

BenF

Thanks Garnet, thanks Heiko,

Heiko is it easy for you to see if your centrifugal governor is symmetrical, are the slots for the springs exactly the same on both sides? The reason I'm asking is because I have seen pictures of quite a few centrifugal governors and they are not symmetrical, so, therefore it would seem logical to use two length springs.
However, if the governor is symmetrical would that still be the case?
Sorry for the pedantic question ::) just trying to get it clear :)

regards
Ben

Heiko

Good morning  ;),

i will take a further look and make a few foto´s of my centrifugal advance.

Heiko

BenF

Good morning to you too :)

If it's easy to take pics that would be great ;D

Ps. these "emotion icons" I can't get use to them, I'm never sure if I'm using he correct one!!  :-\\ 

Ben

Heiko

Hi Ben,

you are using the correct ones  ;)...here´s a picture of my (R 26) centrifugal advance. The slots are not the same, on the left side you can see the "thick" 11mm spring, on the right side there is the "thin" 9mm spring. I hope it helps a little bit!

Heiko

Garnet Grylls

Good Morning (for me).

I was installing my engine yesterday and had a quick look at my advance. It looked like both my springs are the same ???. Now that I see your picture I see that they are.

I will find the one from my zweizylinder and compare it.

Greetings
Garnet

Heiko

Zitat von: Garnet Grylls am 20 November 2005, 16:51:25
It looked like both my springs are the same ???. Now that I see your picture I see that they are.

Greetings
Garnet

Sorry Garnet, but the springs on the pic are different.

Heiko

BenF

Gentlemen thanks for your replies,  Heiko thanks for the picture.

On Friday i emailed Mark Hugget and asked if he could explain, which he did today. He was also good enough to send me a picture of  2 advances side by side.
My confusion was that the springs are determined by the shape of the cut out, however they are not, they are determined by the position of the rivet on the holding plate.

This is Huggets reply,

It depends on which centrifugal governor that you have. If you check in the original BMW parts catalouge under R25/3, you see the following:

8 008 108 Centrifugal governor (as of machine no. 286405)
8 008 109 Centrifugal governor (till machine no. 286404)

The cut outs are the same, but the rivet plates are different. Check out the attached photo.

I'm trying to login to uploada picture, but get this message

"Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten!
Sie konnten sich nicht einloggen. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Cookie Einstellungen.  "

What does it mean????

Karl

Hello Ben,

this error message means that your browser made some bullshxx and denied acception of cookies. You have to allow cookies from this forum. I guess you are using Internet Explorer? So please DEACTIVATE at first the "automatic cookie-handling" (don't know the english titles, please go to the Options of IE > Cookie handling > manual) and in case our site has been set as "always deny" -> remove this entry. Then you will (hopefully) be asked to accept a cookie from our board > yes > than it should work!

Its a problem of all major browsers to have problems with automatical cooke-handling.

Kind regards,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Garnet Grylls

Ben:

Thanks for the reply from Hugget, that will be helpful for me as well.

Heiko:

I did not word my last post correctly. I do see that your advance has two different springs, it is mine that has two of the same. I did not have time today to take it out and compare to your picture. Hopefully Ben can post the pics from Hugget and I can see which I have.

Karl:

Thank you for the "cookies" info. That will help me to use the forum better.

Good Day to All

Garnet :)

Ben Friedl

Thanks Karl, After messing around for about an hour and nothing working,I finally deleted all the cookies and it was accepted............anyway..who am I to know ::)

Garnet, Heiko, So the picture from Hugget....I hope ;)

Zitat von: Garnet Grylls am 21 November 2005, 02:34:35
Ben:

Thanks for the reply from Hugget, that will be helpful for me as well.

Heiko:

I did not word my last post correctly. I do see that your advance has two different springs, it is mine that has two of the same. I did not have time today to take it out and compare to your picture. Hopefully Ben can post the pics from Hugget and I can see which I have.

Karl:

Thank you for the "cookies" info. That will help me to use the forum better.

Good Day to All

Garnet :)

sjeuf12

Zitat von: BenF am 20 November 2005, 19:22:56

I'm trying to login to uploada picture, but get this message

"Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten!
Sie konnten sich nicht einloggen. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Cookie Einstellungen.  "

What does it mean????

@Karl
could it be that he was logged in as guest?? ???

Karl

Hello Ser,

no, don't think so, because the upload-menu doesn't appear in case you are "guest".
What I think is: the "old" cookie on his HD was "bad" and the forum wasn't able to overwrite the cookie-data with his login-session-information.  As Ben said - when he deleted all cookies manually, everything was okay again.

And:
"Guests" doesn't log in; they just "are" - without a cookie (nothing is saved on users HD)   ;)
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.