R25/0 Mounting of luggage rack (gepäckbrücke)

Begonnen von krhoff, 16 Juni 2016, 18:22:26

« vorheriges - nächstes »

krhoff

Hi,

I am trying to mount a luggage rack (gepäckbrücke) on my R25/0. However, the holes on the rack and the "fender supports" do not align. The angle seems to be wrong, see attached photo. Is it common to have such large tolerances or did I get a wrong type of rack?

The rack is from Uli's ("96103 - Hilfsgepäckträger R25, R51/2").

Thanks.

krhoff

Kurt in S.A.

Looks similar to the rack on my R25/2...it was already installed when I bought the bike.  My rack has two fasteners through the fender front and back...I see yours has just one fastener.  Yes, the angle is obviously too much...mine seems to blend nicely with the fender support.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

Heiko

Zitat von: Kurt in S.A. am 17 Juni 2016, 02:14:20
My rack has two fasteners through the fender front and back...I see yours has just one fastener. 

That´s right because the R 25/2 has a cable duct for the rear light in the middle of the fender. This is the reason why you have two fasteners on each side. The R 25 has no cable duct because the wiring to the rear light is on the left outside of the fender.

Maybe you have to bend the end of the brackets a little bit. Of course you have to protect the surface after that with paint because there will be cracks in the varnish i think.

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: Heiko am 17 Juni 2016, 06:08:33
That´s right because the R 25/2 has a cable duct for the rear light in the middle of the fender. This is the reason why you have two fasteners on each side. The R 25 has no cable duct because the wiring to the rear light is on the left outside of the fender.

Ah, good to know.  Thanks!

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

Taz

For information about the parts and their differences through the models see also the comparison table http://monos.r25-bike.de/#en .. or ,more specific have a look at http://monos.r25-bike.de/#hblech_EN

Kind regards, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

krhoff

Kurt: Yes, there is one mounting hole on the fender front and one on the back. They seem to align well with two holes in my fender. By the way, I have been enjoying reading about your own experience with your R25/2, both on this site and on the vintagebmw forum. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences.

Heiko: Bending the ends of the brackets was also my initial thought. I will try to use a bench vice to bend them without making too many scratches. Thanks for your help.