Headlight switch plate and other daft questions

Begonnen von bwprice100, 18 Juli 2016, 17:25:42

« vorheriges - nächstes »

bwprice100

I hope you all don't mind me asking another daft question, I promise I will stop soon. :)

I am making a start on the switch in the headlight and I think I have sorted out which part goes where.

https://goo.gl/photos/xmRuzrPsgCFXLWzUA

I am trying to work out what holds the 'item 2' assembly in place is it just held in place by 'item 1'?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0T14-EUR-08_1955_T26_BMW_R26&diagId=61_1203#61328048101

Thanks in advance

Brian

bwprice100

Heiko

Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

bwprice100

Zitat von: Heiko am 18 Juli 2016, 18:29:40
Yes! Quick and short answer.  ;)

Heiko

Thanks Heiko, much appreciated.

Brian

OldsCool!

Hi Brian,

It is a bit tricky to reassemble but it does work out. Be sure to replace the two balls and the radial springs (#4 & #5) holding the ignition key now as you have it opened anyway. Mostly the balls are no more spherical and the key has too much tolerance leading to contact problems at higher rpm/vibrations. No big investment but high convenience afterwards.

BR

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

bwprice100

Zitat von: OldsCool! am 19 Juli 2016, 08:19:47
Hi Brian,

It is a bit tricky to reassemble but it does work out. Be sure to replace the two balls and the radial springs (#4 & #5) holding the ignition key now as you have it opened anyway. Mostly the balls are no more spherical and the key has too much tolerance leading to contact problems at higher rpm/vibrations. No big investment but high convenience afterwards.

BR

Steffen

Thanks Steffen

It took me a while to get this far as the whole headlight was missing when I got the bike and I am trying to build it up from a box of bits.

I have some balls on order from eBay.

Thanks Brian