Triumph of The Horror

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 15 August 2017, 09:19:20

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

The Little Horror, my 1951 R25 had is 1st actual long journey on Sunday last, taking part in the Wisbech & District Historic Vehicle Club. 84 mile road run.

This has been going on for 24 years now, Cars, Lorries, Bus, Motorcycles and Scooters. all for Charity. Route across The Fens, Wisbech, Spalding, ( home of daffodil bulbs production ), Holbech, Peterborough, Coates, March, back to Wisbech. Over 30 bikes and 5 scooters. Most were 50's 60's, 70's, Triumph, BSA, and India Enfield, several Honda and other Japanese. 100 Cars and 20 + lorries.

In the judging, the award for Best Bike went to? well you know the answer! I am very pleased. My late wife, Rene, encouraged me to enter this year, so it was also a win for her.

In 2011 I also won Best bike with my R50S.

Problem now, I either have to buy a new 'old' BMW to rebuild and go for a 3rd win in 5 years time. Or retire. Not having the spare cash, time aplenty. It will be the latter

Jollyjester

Jollyjester

Forgot the actual Horror Photo, note a little oil on the rear tyre.  Look at that ASAP

Hans_R25

Der kluge Mensch hat immer Zeit für Dummheiten.

Taz

Hello JollyJester.

Congrats and kudos to you for that wonderfully restored bike :applaus:

I am sure you will have sorted out that oil stain business in no time....but...what do you mean by "... it will be the latter ..." I honestly hope that you will only retire from rebuilding bikes at this pace and not from riding and participating in this kind of events as well...

All the best, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

bwprice100

Well done Robert.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rolf

grease from the wheel bearings....your rear brake too strong adjusted?

† Will

Hello Robert,
Congratulations and well done achieving the award! :respekt:
I'm sitting here watching the summer go by still unable to ride following my bout of double pneumonia.

I summoned up the energy yesterday to inflate the tyres on Lottie and the R65LS but was only able to manage it with an electric pump. :kopfhau:

Still hoping to get a ride in before winter starts though.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Tiago

Very nicely done, congratulations :) Keep that spirit!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

† Norrie

A beautiful restoration and congratulations Robert on your 'Best Bike' award. :applaus:
When that oil leak is sorted out it will be all the more rewarding to ride.  :bike:
For a truly fulfilled existence a gentlemen requires a restoration project ticking away in the garage.  :schrauber:

Sorry to hear Bill that you have been less than 100% and have not been motorcycling as much as you would like. Hopefully you are soon back to full fitness and out to play in good time before the winter.
:respekt:

Norrie