How to change the forum-language

Begonnen von Karl, 23 Juni 2011, 12:54:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Karl

How to change the forum language:

Please follow these steps:

Click on the "Profile"-tab in the main menu. Then: "Modify Profile"  >  "Account Settings"  >  "Preferred Language".  Select your language, enter your password and then click on the "change profile"-button. Done!
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Karl

Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: Karl am 23 Juni 2011, 12:54:00
How to change the forum language:

Please follow these steps:

Click on the "Profile"-tab in the main menu. Then: "Modify Profile"  >  "Account Settings"  >  "Preferred Language".  Select your language, enter your password and then click on the "change profile"-button. Done!

Karl -

It looks like what this does is change the English forum such that all of the links, etc., like Reply, Quote, etc., are now all in English.  But the German forums will still only be in German, right?

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

BenW

Zitat von: Kurt in S.A. am 23 Juni 2011, 13:20:08
It looks like what this does is change the English forum such that all of the links, etc., like Reply, Quote, etc., are now all in English.  But the German forums will still only be in German, right?

Kurt, setting your preferred language to English should change all forums to English language, at least it does so in my case. However, the threads and their content will remain in German, of course, as changing the settings does not 'magically' translate what everyone wrote.

Cheers,
Andreas

Karl

@ Andreas:  you´re right. Only the "forum" itself is in english (any other) language. For "content-translation" (i.e. threads) you need google translator or babelfish ...

DanMay

:applaus:

Thanks Karl, I should have figured this out a long time ago.  One thing I do notice is when I translate a forum link using Google Translate, I am logged in as a guest from that point on.  Is there any way to dynamically translate the forum while still staying logged in ?

For example, try this link:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbmw-einzylinder.de%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D8657.0&act=url

Daniel

BenW

While I don't have a solution for the problem regarding re-authentication, I must admit that Google's translation is rather hilarious:

"KL15 has power when you're above the firing pin runtergedonnert in the lamp."

Daniel, aren't you cracking up all the time when reading our (translated) posts?

Cheers (still laughing),
BenW

DanMay

Well, some of the translation is a bit funny, but I usually get the information I need.  I love the translation from "spark plug" to "candle"...

rolf

In German that is right: Zündkerze = Ignitioncandle....or shorter: Kerze (for spark plug)....=candle ;D

Unclviny

I have tried to change to English several times and I get an error message in German every time.

My first problem is that the instructions are in English but the forum-options are in German and I do not speak German.

Here is what I have been doing:
Profil-Einstellungen
Benutzerkonto
Bevorzugte Sprache= change to English
Passwort wählen= enter my password
Passwort wiederholen= enter my password again
Click Profil andern= get an error message in German
Close my browser and try again.

Vince
1973 BMW R75/5 (LWB), 1971 Norton Commando, 1952 Triumph TRW, 1936 BMW R2.

admin

Hi Vince,

I changed your language settings manually to "english".

Your procedure was correct, except for the lasts steps.

"Passwort wählen"  and  "Passwort wiederholen":  you have to enter this just in case you want to define a complete new password.
The popup-message asks you for the current password.

After choosing your language, enter your current password in the field  "Aktuelles Passwort".
This is neccessary because of security reasons.

Karl

Unclviny

1973 BMW R75/5 (LWB), 1971 Norton Commando, 1952 Triumph TRW, 1936 BMW R2.